623 A St NE #1
(1 BR + Office / 2BR)
Available April 1
Rates beginning $4850 - $7000 per month based on the government per diem rate. Pricing is determined by length of stay, time of year, apartment availability, and other factors. It is usually based on the current government per diem rate. Please inquire for details.
Click on the images below to see larger versions and slideshows of the property.
Living Area, Kitchen, and Guest Bath:
Bedroom, Office, and Master Bathroom:
360 degree immersive photos
Click on the images below to see a fully immersive 360 degree photo of each item. Use the embedded controls to rotate the images. On phones and mobile devices the images are touch sensitive.
See All CHS Properties with nearby restaurants, amenities, and public transportation.
Explore the neighborhood using the map below.
Grand first floor apartment in a grand Capitol Hill former mansion. Excellent location, 5 blocks from Capitol. Five blocks from Eastern Market (orange/blue line) and Union Station (red line) metros.
It is the entire first floor of this grand structure. It has exclusive access to a large landscaped backyard and patio. It also has offstreet parking directly adjacent to the apartment.
This is one of Capitol Hill Stay's most luxurious apartments. It's renovation was extravagant.
- Very large - approximately 1200 square feet
- Extremely high 10 foot ceilings
- Tons of light from oversize windows
- Kitchen with designer shaker maple cabinets, granite counters, stainless appliances, and original hardwood floors
- Main bath with Kohler whirlpool tub, marble floors, and high end vanity
- Half bath for guests conveniently off kitchen
- Washer/dryer in apartment
- Flexible layout. Very private bedroom is in the back
- Direct access to large landscaped backyard and private parking (inquire about availability and cost)
- Large living room with decorative fireplace, leather couch and loveseat
- Office/dining room can be used as second bedroom (has queen size futon)
- Flat screen 32 inch Toshiba HDTV LCD television with built in DVD player, HBO and Showtime, plus DVR (digital video recorder... like TIVO..... pause and rewind live TV, record favorite shows while watching another, etc.)
- Private high speed DSL line and encrypted WIFI
- Central air and heat
- Ceiling fans in living room, office, and bedroom
- Offstreet parking may be available (inquire for availability)
This charming and historic first floor unit on A Street NE was a most pleasant surprise to a hotel weary traveler. I have stayed in corporate housing all over the U.S. and this is by far the most home-like quarters I have found. The furnishings and amenities provide all the comforts of home and the Eastern Market area is historic, beautiful, safe and family friendly. The massive arched windows across the first floor building front provide great views of an active and vital urban neighborhood.
During my 8 month stay I had no need for a car due to the convenient location to Metro Stations, federal offices, restaurants and markets. It is quite large with a guest powder room, washer and dryer and fabulous back garden. Quite the find in Washington. Capital Hill Stay for this building in particular will be my first call for corporate lodging arrangements in the DC area for all my future stays!
-- James D, Federal Contractor
The location is great: one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Washington, and definitely the best area on Capitol Hill. The area is one of the best (and safest) walking neighborhoods in the District.
Plenty of green space (National Mall, Capitol Hill Parks, etc.) within easy walking distance. The apartment is just steps away from the Capitol, National Mall, Eastern Market, several parks, and less than ten minute walk to two different metro lines.
The newly renovated 8th Street corridor is also very close, as are plenty of necessities like dry cleaners, corner markets, etc. The apartment was comfortable, clean, and nicely furnished (the kitchen is well appointed as well), and include free Direct TV and wireless Internet access. Customer Service was excellent, and the lease terms are flexible.
I stayed in Apt. 1 of the 6th and A St. property for close to 4 months and had all of the comforts of home...but with an even nicer kitchen and bathroom! The apartment was perfect for my needs - private, quiet, with a parking spot and a gated yard for my dog Henry.
My husband and I were so spoiled living so near the metro station and Eastern Market and all of the great dog friendly parks, that it really was tough to go back home.
Rent this apartment, you will not regret it!
-- Kristy C.
Our family thoroughly enjoyed staying here at CHS for 6 months.
Our particular unit is very quiet & private; we loved the backyard. Kitchen & bath, which were recently remodeled, are spacious and clean.
We felt that CHS management and maintenance crew were always very considerate to our family's needs and most accommodating. We loved the neighborhood; felt very safe with kids to explore the area. Capitol police are always patrolling the streets. Friendly & cozy place to live! We highly recommend CHS after such a wonderful experience.
--Andrew & Angelique W.